The DAILY FASTEST TYPIST WINNERS £25 BIG MATCH Competition is organised by Better Skills, Better Life Ltd. The company’s website is www.bsbltyping.com
In any skill-based activity, there are those who have average skills and those who have varying levels of super-skills. The intention of the structure of competitions below is that everyone will have a chance to have a placing on a scoreboard and that those competitors who have a higher level of skills will achieve the rank of Winner, Champion or Famer and will compete within the level that they have reached.
This competition is item 2 in the list below. It is one of four separate levels of competition.
- The BSBL Daily £5 Prize Fastest Typist Competition
- The BSBL Daily Fastest Typist Winners £25 Big Match
- The BSBL Daily Fastest Typist Champions £50 Big Match
- The BSBL Daily Fastest Typist Famers £75 Big Match
It is obvious from the nature of this structure that it will take time to for players to move through the various levels and to get enough competitors at each level to enable competitions to take place. In order to deal with this situation, those players who have achieved the level of Champion and Famer will be allowed to compete in the Winners Big Match competitions until there are sufficient (10) Champions to hold a Champions Big Match. Similarly, until there are sufficient (7) Hall of Famers to hold a Famers Big Match, Famers will be allowed to compete in Champions Big Match Competitions. Once there are sufficient Winners, Champions and Famers at each level then this provision will cease.
There is a further proviso and that is in each case, a Champion or Famer will be allowed to take part in a lower level competition until they have won a cash prize, either a first, second or third prize. At that point, they can no longer take part in a Daily Winners BIG MATCH, for example, but they can obviously take part in the BIG MATCHES in their own Champion or Hall of Fame BIG MATCHES. Notwithstanding this, the organisers will be taking into account the numbers of Winners who actually register and take part and will review this proviso before each BIG MATCH.
DAILY FASTEST TYPIST WINNERS £25 BIG MATCH Rules and Conditions
Rules and Conditions
- The Daily Winners £25 Big Match is essentially two competitions in one; Invited Winners compete against each other for the highest score and WILDCARD competitors compete against each other for their highest score. The Cash Prizes for the invited Daily Winners are 1st Prize £25, 2nd Prize £10 and 3rd Prize £5. There will be WILDCARD places in the BIG MATCH competition for everyone who has taken part a bsbltyping cash prize competition and these are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The WILDCARD Cash Prizes are 1st Place £10, 2nd Place £5 and 3rd Place £3. The Big Match will start at 8pm UK time on the appointed Tuesday and will end at 8pm on the following Sunday. The payment will be made to the bank account or PayPal account of the winning competitors on the Monday following the close of the Big Match. The winners will be contacted by e-mail and asked which of the two payment options they prefer. Alternatively, the winner can receive a British Pound denominated Amazon voucher. The winners will be asked to provide their bank account details and their full name and address for accounting purposes, only in order for us to make the payment to them and to record the transaction in our company accounting system.
- No purchase is necessary and making a purchase does not increase your chances of winning
- The competition runs whenever there are 10 new unique Daily £5 Prize Fastest Typist WINNERS. Before the start of the DAILY FASTEST TYPIST DAILY £25 BIG MATCH the Organisers will provide a date for the competition and send out invitations to all of the Winners named on the Winners Nameboard up to the time of the sending out of invitations. This will be the case until information to the contrary is posted on the Facebook page of Better Skills, Better Life Ltd. and in these rules.
- A copy of these rules and conditions and general information and feedback can be found on the Better Skills Better Life Facebook page and on the bsbltyping.com website. Facebook is not associated in any way with this competition.
- A Competitor is a living person who has Registered as a User on the www.bsbltyping.comwebsite and who has chosen to take part in a Daily £5 Prize Fastest Typist Competition by clicking on the Daily Fastest Typist button on the website competition entry page. A Winner is a Competitor who has won such a competition.
- The competition is skill based and the prize will be awarded to the competitor who has achieved the highest score when typing the text provided by the organisers. The aim of the competition is to type as much of the text as possible within the time allowed. Any attempt to manipulate the obvious, clear intent of the rules will result in the disqualification of the entry or demoting the placing of the entry. An example of this is where a competitor types only part of the competition text and then ‘runs down the clock’ in order to seemingly achieve a high percentage score. In such cases we will examine the data and either disqualify or demote the entry.
- The highest score is defined as the being the highest Words Per Minute score with the highest accuracy with the proviso that all competitors with an accuracy score of 98.5% or higher will rank equally with regard to accuracy. For example, if competitor A scores 200 WPM and their accuracy is 97% and competitor B scores 165 WPM with 100% accuracy and competitor C scores 175 WPM with an accuracy of 98.5% then it is competitor C who wins. The same principle applies to other winning positions on the scoreboard.
- The organisers have an obligation to validate winning scores and will inspect the keystroke data to support the winning scores or at any time any high scores are displayed on the scoreboard. Where very high scores or winning entries from any competitor are achieved the competitor hereby agrees to be contacted by the organisers and to perform in the environment of a Zoom, Voov or other such conferencing systems which allows screen sharing, a brief typing test in order to validate their competence by showing consistency of performance.
- The competition is organised by Better Skills, Better Life Ltd. whose registered address is 17, Lang Street, Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom FY1 2EJ. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact Us form on the BSBL website. If because of a communication breakdown you do not receive a reply then e-mail email@example.com
- Our scoring is based on beating the previous holder of the highest score on the scoreboard, there is no ‘draw’ situation. It is the first typist to achieve the highest score that is shown on the DAILY FASTEST TYPIST WINNERS £25 BIG MATCH scoreboard who wins . If a competitor scores 100 WPM with an Accuracy of 100% on Monday and another competitor achieves the same score on Sunday, it is the Competitor who achieved the score on Monday who wins the competition for that week. Likewise for each of the 2nd and 3rd Places for Invited Winners and WILDCARD competitors.
- The competition is based on the typing skill of a person. Any use of robot-like software or any tool or program or device which is used to simulate typing in the competition will automatically disqualify the Competitor. Any attempt to ‘game’ the system by, for example, typing at very slow speed in order to achieve 100% accuracy will lead to the entry being disallowed if it achieved 1st Place or a prize winning place at the close of the competition. Also, any entry which seeks to breach a technical feature of the bsbltyping.com website or of the typing competitions will be disallowed if it achieved 1st Place or any other place. A very slow winning typing speed that would be disqualified for purpose of the DAILY FASTEST TYPIST WINNERS £25 BIG MATCH is any speed slower than 35 WPM. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify or remove any score or competitor name from the scoreboards or nameboards at their sole discretion if they are of the informed opinion that the entry is not in accordance with the rules or any circumstance that is clearly not honest or in the spirit of the competition.
- Better Skills, Better Life Ltd have created algorithms and digital processes which record the keystroke data in a responsible manner but will not be held responsible for any loss or damage caused by any fault or failing in their systems and processes for any aspect of this competition. Better Skills, Better Lift Ltd undertake to use their best efforts to ensure that all aspects of the competition are responsibly and fairly run but cannot be held responsible for deliberate deception by any competitor or competitors.
- The User names of each winner, Runner up and third prize winner will be displayed on the BSBL DAILY FASTEST TYPIST WINNERS £25 BIG MATCH winners nameboard.
- All of the keystroke data is retained in the BSBL Infinite Keystroke Database and will be used for any legitimate purpose.
- The decision of the organisers in all matters concerning this competition is final.
- Although we will generally give a minimum of one week’s notice before any change to the rules or conditions or prize amount is changed, the organisers can change any rule, condition or prize amount at any time without notice. This includes the complete cancellation of the DAILY FASTEST TYPIST WINNERS £25 BIG MATCH and any and all of the competitions described above.
- All of the unique winners who appear on the Daily Winners nameboard up to the date on which a new group of 10 unique winners has occurred will be invited to participate in the DAILY WINNERS £25 BIG MATCH competition, except as excluded by the Organiser’s Statement regarding Champions and Famers who have won a cash prize in a lower level Big Match competition or any other proviso stated by the Organisers . At that time all of the competitors who have ever taken part in any bsbltyping competition but who have not won a competition (a Qualified Competitor), will be invited to take part on WILDCARD, first-come, first served basis up to a maximum of 10 competitors who will have a WILDCARD opportunity in the first round of invitations. Further WILDCARD invitations will be sent out if Invited Winners fail to register for the competition. For each Invited Winner who fails to register there will be one more WILDCARD opportunity.
- All Winners who are invited to take part must Register 24 hours before the start of the competition or their place in the BIG MATCH will be forfeit. Where an invited Winner forfeits their place in the BIG MATCH then every Qualified Competitor will be invited again to fill that place as a WILDCARD entrant on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no time limit of registration for the WILDCARD competitors in this case, the limit is solely the availability of places.
- There is no limit to the number of times you can make a BIG MATCH entry .
- If any of the cash prizes are not paid to the winners, runners-up and third place winners within three calendar month because those competitors failed to communicate with the organisers after being notified that they are prize winners or fails to carry out any reasonable confirmatory tested required by the organisers or fails to pass the confirmatory test for the sole purpose of the process of validating a high or winning score, then the prize will be donated by the organisers to a charity of their choice.